Careers at TOPS
TOPS is expanding its overall staffing to meet the need of our growing customer base. Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Competitive salaries and benefits include 100% company paid employee medical insurance, vacation, holidays, sick leave, 401(K) Profit Sharing, discretionary bonus and company-supplied snacks and drinks.
Interested candidates please email or fax cover letter, resume with salary history and requirements to Eva Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 972-739-9478 or mail to Attn: Eva Lee, 275 W. Campbell Road, Suite 600, Richardson, Texas 75080.
MVP Customer Relation Account Manager (currently hiring)
The MVP Account Manager is a position with varied duties. This role requires working with existing customer base with responsibilities including, but not limited to, customer support, account management, customer database administration, selling software maintenance contracts, software training, creation of company newsletter and driving company revenue through cross-sells, up-sells and follow-ups. This position requires 95% of time in the office and 5% travel to provide product training and to attend industry trade shows.
- Contact existing customers to ensure renewal of annual software maintenance contract
- Outbound calling to database prospects, prospective customer lists and conduct call campaigns in support of TOPS marketing activities
- Identify customer need, provide solutions and recommend new and better products (up-sell and cross-sell)
- Prepare quotes and help facilitate closing sales process
- Work with TOPS technical support team to assist customers on use of software and resolve issues
- Follow up on leads from web site, advertising and trade shows
- Provide product training and demos over the internet or on-location
- Assist in the creation of quarterly newsletters
- Work on special marketing projects to retain customers and update customer database
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university
- Technology savvy with proficiency in Windows operating systems, Internet Explorer, and MS Office suite with strong Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills, proficiency in GoldMine or equivalent CRM tools a plus
- Exemplary verbal & written communication skills with knowledge of appropriate business terminology
- Service-oriented with strong listening, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Effective presentation skills, with the ability to present product demos & trainings to diverse audiences
- Aptitude for learning and conveying complex technical information clearly and effectively
- Self-motivated, with ability to utilize initiative in identifying, addressing, and resolving daily issues and challenges with minimal supervision
New Business Development Sales (currently hiring)
Full-time openings for motivated sales executives. Our ideal candidate will be a professional who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment where their actions can, and will have a direct and immediate impact on the bottom line of the company. They will have the ability to complete the sales cycle from inception to completion - - including prospecting, developing client relationships, providing product demonstration, preparing proposals, term negotiation and closing. There will be about 10% travel to see prospects and to train existing customers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who can learn company products quickly, to provide information about our products and to identify and resolve prospects requirements.
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient with Windows operating system and Microsoft Office products, Goldmine a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, problem solving skills
- High energy, enthusiastic quick learner
- Self-motivated, with positive attitude, professional attitude and appearance
- Able to work independently and make decisions in a team-focused environment
- Strong listening, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
Technical Support Specialist
JOB DESCRIPTION - Role and Responsibility
- Provide first level technical service support for TOPS software products.
- Responsible for troubleshooting hardware and software issues via telephone and email for TOPS customers to maintain continued customer satisfaction.
- Answer product usage questions from customers and assist with software installation.
- Document all calls and ensure accurate information is captured.
- Manage and take ownership of the resolution process for all customer related issues.
- Maintain and build on proficiency with tools needed to perform your daily functions.
- Develop expertise in the TOPS software products that will lead to shorter resolution times.
- Database administration, backup, restore and queries.
- Perform software testing during development stage as well as before product shipment.
- Assist with TOPS product training to internal sales personnel.
- Internal system setup and configuration
JOB SPECIFICATIONS- Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, technical field or relevant work experience.
- 2-3 years technical support experience to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows environments, anti-virus software, firewalls, other software applications related to Internet.
- Software application support experience highly preferred.
- Hardware knowledge of PC's.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Troubleshooting skills and experience required.
- Patient, positive, helpful attitude.
- Fast learner.
- Customer service focused and oriented.
- Possess good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Software Engineer C++/MFC
Duties include design and develop new software products, maintain existing software, support corporate / Fortune 500 customers and our internal business team.
- Expert level Visual C++ and MFC experience
- 5+ years experience with Windows GUI programming
- 3+ year experience with relational database (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Hands on experience with version control system (CVS, Subversion)
- Strong debugging skill
- Strong skills with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Familiar with all stages of software development life cycle
- Good communication skills
- C/C++ programming experience on Unix/Linux
- Experience with Win32/MFC Socket programming
- Experience with Windows multi-threading application
- Experience with 3D graphic engine (MS DirectX preferred)
- Scripting language (VB script preferred)
- Web application development experience (HTML, Java servlets)
- Experience on system maintenance and support